Sunday 22 January 2017

When Phoebe Ate Cake....πŸ˜ŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‚

Well crikey! That was a busy week. Last weekend we had the eldest three grandchildren to stay overnight. 



Noah and Grandad doing homework😍

On Monday I had my eyebrows waxed for the very first time followed by a wonderful massage of my back and shoulders which really hit the spot. I left the salon feeling like a different woman. On Monday evening hubby went away for work and didn't return until Thursday evening so I've been dog walking a lot. On Tuesday I went to see middle daughter for a catch up. In the evening I went with youngest daughter to a taster session for the Rock Choir where we learned the harmonies for 'A Little Help From My Friends'. It was fun and really liberating to sing out loud with other people.



 On Wednesday I had the twins for the day while their parents went to work. It's always exhausting but I love my time with them.


The twins love booksπŸ“š

 On Thursday I went to work as usual and hubby returned in the evening. On Friday I made a birthday cake and bought some edible cat decorations to go on it along with some pink glitter. It was far from perfect but tasted nice when we tried it today! 




Cake in progress 

I also brought myself some size 14 jeans and a t shirt which was great. Quite how I am still able to get into size 14 clothes after the rubbish I have been eating lately is beyond me to be honest but I'm very happy about it. I think it's the dog walking that is helping plus the incentive of the Fitbit which I still wear everyday....although sometimes I forget to charge it up and then it runs out midway through the day which is very frustrating.


Bella patiently waiting for another walk

Friday also saw me meeting up with a man who has agreed to do some repair work to my hut. It was a glorious day and I was very tempted to stay but I had loads to do and it was freezing! 





On Saturday hubby and I went and met up with his two brothers. We had tapas for lunch and a catch up before one of them flies off to Hong Kong for a couple of weeks on holiday and to celebrate his birthday. I'm not convinced about tapas. I'd much rather have a 'proper' mealπŸ˜‰ 

Tapas. Just okay πŸ˜•

Today, Sunday, we met up with most of the family and had lunch to celebrate another birthday, this time it was my son's girlfriend who has her birthday tomorrow. The cake I made earlier in the week was for her. I gave the cake to the waiting staff without Georgie knowing and the cake was brought out after our main course with candles and everything! Georgie had no idea. We all sang her 'Happy Birthday' and then ate said cake. It was lovely even if I do say so myself. 


 
Georgie and her cakeπŸŽ‚

Phoebe and Sam were with us and they were amazingly well behaved. They sat in high chairs,there were no tears, Sam ate about half of his Daddy's food and then, amazingly, Phoebe ate some cake. This is the girl who hardly eats anything. 




This morning she ate a bowl of porridge for the first time ever and then she ate cake. It was just wonderful to see. This bodes well as it's their first birthday on Thursday and there will most certainly be cake there!
Add to that that Sam was wearing a shirt and bow tie and Phoebe was wearing a pink dress and had a bow in her hair you might be able to understand why I was so taken with them..... well, more than usual anywayπŸ˜‰




 We also had the drama of Trump being inaugurated on Thursday and my sadness at seeing the Obamas leaving the White House for the last time. We also received news of the passing of a man who was a big part of my hubby's life which was upsetting. He was one of those characters that you think will be around forever. He had been ill for some time but when the end comes it's quite often still a shock of sorts. Jim, you will be missed. 

So it's been busy, it's been fun and it's been heartwarming. How lovely❤ Have a great week everyone. Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment