Sunday 13 March 2016

Sunny Sunday Musings

Hi everyone.

Firstly, many apologies for the layout of this blog. I have done what I do best - meddle with something that doesn't need meddling with - and, as a consequence, I have messed up the design of the blog and I can't restore it to it's original glory. Tsk. I wanted to change the photo and alter the dimensions of it and try to make the whole thing look a little better but to no avail. I have spent the last half hour or so trying to sort it out without success so it will have to stay as it is for now. Enough of the time wasting.

After the wonderful, if emotional, outcome of little Phoebe's hearing aid fitting last Monday and my subsequent blog post about it, I have been so very touched by the responses that I have had. While this isn't a blog about Phoebe and Sam (it was, and always will be, a blog about my life in general) those little darlings are a huge part of my life right now and so they are bound to feature quite heavily in anything that I blog about. I do always check things with their Mummy and Daddy and, if they feel uncomfortable in any way about anything I have written, they will always tell me and I will take down the posting or alter it so that it is more suitable so please rest assured that I always run things past them.
Anyway, to all those who have contacted me or the family saying kind things about this blog, I thank you very much. It's lovely to know that what I witter on about it getting some kind of audience.

This week has been busy again but different. Life is returning to some kind of normal after the emotional rollercoaster of the last 6 weeks and I have spent less time travelling to the twins and more time at home doing 'normal' stuff.
That 'normal' stuff includes ramping up the exercise and fitness regime that youngest daughter and I are involved with, taking the bigger dog to the vets for routine jabs where he misbehaved and almost pulled me over on the exciting adventure that he thinks unfolds in the vet surgery - actually, he just knows they feed him treats to keep him sweet - , the twins had their 6 week check which they both passed with flying colours, and decisions were finally made about the triathlon in May.

Youngest daughter hit her target of losing a stone before Easter and treated herself to chicken nuggets and chips as a reward and then couldn't eat all of the chips! She's doing amazingly well and is changing her lifestyle big time and it shows. Today we went out to buy some trainers and sportswear for her and we decided to get a coffee and a bite to eat. I had coffee and a toasted teacake and she chose tomato and basil soup - no bread rolls- and a pack of gluten free cheese crackers. She has more willpower than me, that's for sure. That followed on from this morning where we went for a jog in the glorious sunshine and really enjoyed ourselves too. Happy days!

A couple of pics to keep you going....


Phoebe and Sam in their shared crib at our house - sleeping side by side and in exactly the same position as they were in Mummy's tummy. Look at how they both have their hands in the same position too....


...and this is just gorgeous! The ever cheerful and totally adorable Sam smiling away happily and Princess Phoebe looking in the same direction as her brother and much more aware of her surroundings. We just love them xxx

Have a good week everyone. I'm off to do a post on my triathlon blog.

https://triathlonforphoebeandsam.wordpress.com/

xxxx

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/phoebeandsam







No comments:

Post a Comment