Tuesday 4 October 2016

A Headful of Phoebe

Hi all,

This is a quick post really just to get this out of my head and also so that I don't forget this experience in years to come.
I went to a spa for the day yesterday with my bestie. It was wonderful and just what the doctor ordered....rest, relaxation, healthy lunch and the added bonus of glorious sunshine.  We sat outside, me in my bikini, in the sunshine....in October for goodness sake🌞😊.

I used the steam room, the pool, the tepidarium (I think that is what it's called anyway), the jacuzzi and the relaxation areas. I had a back and neck massage by a male masseur! First time for everything and he was very good.

I had been awake since 3.30 am for no obvious reason and so it was the perfect tonic for me.

Anyway, I spent a lot of time in the quiet area where there is a floating pool. It does what it say on the tin. You lay in the water and you float. I think it's the salt in the water or something that makes it possible but, whatever it is, it's fabulous.

I lay on my back with my eyes closed and floated about with just the sound of the water lapping at the edge of the pool and some distant relaxation music in the background. I found that I could really stretch out my hips too. I got myself into the 'crab' position...you know the one? On your back, feet on the floor and hands on the floor over your head and with your tummy pulled up towards the ceiling?  Not a great description I don't think but when we were kids we called it ' the crab'.  Because the water was so supporting, I could stretch my right hip out beautifully and it felt good.

All very lovely and super relaxing but then I returned to just floating and drifted about feeling totally relaxed, not aware of anything at all when, out of the blue, my whole head just became filled up with Phoebe! I can't describe it anyway other than that. It was as if her head was inside mine and I could see from inside hers. It felt like our two heads were together?! It was the strangest but the most lovely thing. It was fleeting, probably only a couple of seconds, but I can't stop thinking about it. I feel like it means something but I've no idea what.

So, if any of you are spiritually minded, hippy folk who could shed some light on this experience I'd be interested in your views. I assure you that no medication, drugs or anything other than a cup of coffee and a mug of camomile tea had been consumed!

That's it. That's all I need to share. Thanks for reading and for being there.

Xxxxx

Oh, and if you do like alternative 'hippy' stuff, catch The Retreat on BBC2. Nick Knowles financed the programmes apparently and it's based in Thailand where a group of people detox, reboot their lives and tried all sorts of alternative treatments. I liked it, obviously😂😂




No comments:

Post a Comment